Senior Data Engineer / Data Consultant
Big Data, Spark, Azure, SQL, Visualisation, Agile
Hampshire; Southampton, Winchester area
The Senior Data Engineer / Big Data Engineer will play a key role in helping improve the way the business currently use and visualise data to help support strategic direction. The company offer scope for training and progression (at all levels), an excellent benefits package and a flexible working culture.
The Senior Data Engineer will transform and prepare data into forms suitable for analysis, insights and decision-making. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate recent experience in a Big Data environment, demonstrating the ability to create machine learning models to automate and simplify current processes.
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to improve how data is used and visualised, using various tools to promote data-driven decision making.
- Identifies opportunities to automate solutions where possible
- Take a leadership role in providing expertise in developing and introducing new data techniques and tools to the business.
- Strong Data Engineering background - or similar; Data Science, etc
- Experience with the Big Data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem is preferred)
- A background in SQL, Oracle or Shell scripting or administration
- Data Security knowledge is highly desirable
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with all areas of the business
- Degree educated in an IT discipline is preferred
Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website or LinkedIn, to be considered. SpectrumIT, Paul Grace
All candidates must be eligible, to work in the UK