Senior Data Engineer
Big Data, Hadoop, Oracle, SQL
Hampshire; Portsmouth area
The Senior Data Engineer will play a key role in helping design and implement a Big Data solution across the business, with specific focus on implementing innovative ways to improve and utilise the company's current Big Data resources.
The role will work across all areas of the business to help influence positive change both in the short and long-term, so candidates applying must be able to demonstrate recent experience in a similar Data Engineer role to be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Data Architect you will plan, implement the strategy for all Big Data management across the business
- Take overall responsibility for data storage and security best practice
- Research, plan and establish innovative processes to enable the full potential of the company's data resources
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to improve the Hadoop Big Data platform and how data is used.
- Work closely with Senior management, Developers, TDA and Project Managers to ensure effective Agile project delivery.
- Strong Data Engineering background - or similar; Data Analysis, Data Science, etc
- Excellent understanding of Big Data
- A background in SQL/database development or administration
- Experience with emerging Big Data technologies and how it can be utilised (Hadoop, NoSQL or similar)
- Excellent communicator able to liaise withal areas of the business
The business can offer excellent scope for progression, exposure to new tech, a growing environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website to be considered.