Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS, Docker
£60,000 + Excellent Benefits
We have an opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join an award winning technology company building solutions to save the planet! This is a Senior / Lead level role working within a talented development team to ensure that their flag-ship products are not only fit for purpose, but are adding real value to their global, high-value customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building, monitoring and maintaining software solutions, contributing to the overall development strategy to continuously improve the quality of the service being delivered. This is a team who take ownership of their own individual contributions and take pride in delivering quality and excellence.
As the senior DevOps Engineer in the team, you will be required to drive the strategic direction of the software development team, facilitating the smooth delivery of all projects delivered by the team. You will also work closely with the development manager on technology selection, methodology decisions and leading the team's agile software development processes.
- Linux or Windows system administration
- Thorough knowledge of AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation)
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- RMDBS and NoSQL (PostgreSQL, Aurora, Cassandra, Redis)
- Performance testing/ tuning/ monitoring (CloudTrail, Prometheus, Graphana)
- Automation of manual processes (Powershell, Python, Bash, ksh)
- Application Servers / Web Servers (Tomcat, IIS, Nginx)
- Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who has enjoyed sustained and consistent growth over the last few years. They view the development team as paramount to their current and future success so they are keen to hire people who have an innovative, driven and customer-focused mindset.
The company invest heavily in their staff by way of rewarding career progression, excellent benefits and out of office events!