Senior Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer - Southampton area
AWS, Docker, Linux, Windows, Agile
Salary based on experience + Benefits + Flexible working + Bonus
A Senior level DevOps / Cloud Engineer is required to join a talented IT team to oversee the companies DevOps environment and AWS cloud products. The role offers the opportunity to remain hands-on, but also directly influence high level strategy and process.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who has enjoyed sustained and consistent growth over the last few years. They IT/development are key to their current and future success, so they are keen to hire people who have an innovative, driven and customer-focused mindset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the AWS function internally; including building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining their Cloud infrastructure solutions.
As the Senior Cloud / DevOps Engineer, you will be required to facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects delivered by the team. You will also work closely with the development manager on technology selection, methodology decisions and leading the team's Agile software development processes.
- Commercial DevOps / Senior System Admin experience
- Extensive commercial AWS experience. Including knowledge of AWS Infrastructure build, deployment and cost saving.
- Linux or Windows system administration
- Containerisation with Docker
- Automation of manual processes
- A good understanding of Agile, SCRUM processes
- Cloud Architecture or Cloud/Infrastructure Security knowledge is desirable
- Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar is an advantage
- OOP, C#, Python, Java
The company invest heavily in their staff by way of rewarding career progression, excellent benefits, flexible hours, and out of office events.
Please apply to this ad, or contact me via LinkedIn or our Website - Paul Grace Spectrum IT