Senior Infrastructure consultant is required to join a growing and highly progressive IT Managed Service Provider from their office based in the Newport area.
The role of a Senior Infrastructure Consultant will involve working throughout the full lifecycle in regard to the full design and implementation of highly technical IT solutions. This role is customer facing and you will carry out systems analysis, create proposal for complex IT solutions, present and promote those to the customers followed by implementing those agreed solutions.
- To design and implement solutions
- To provide pre-sales support and attend client meetings
- Creation of technical documentation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ensure projects are completed efficiently, to quality, time and budget
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure any customer issues are dealt with satisfactory both pre and post implementation
- Manage and maintain appropriate project documentation and handover completed project paperwork to support desk
The correct candidate for the Senior Infrastructure Consultant will be working in a similar role and preferably have experience of working within a managed service environment or working across multiple high level IT infrastructure projects.
You will have experience within:
- Experience of implementing new IT solutions or upgrades (Hardware & Software)
- Required knowledge of the following technologies
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems from 2008R2 upwards
- Exchange 2013 / 2016
- Networking - Routing & Switching
- Desired knowledge
- Citrix XenApp 7.X
- VMware / Hyper-V
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Storage Area Networks (SAN's) - iSCSI / FC
- Backup technologies
- Excellent communication skills, being able to convey complex and difficult designs verbally and in writing
- Full driving license
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that offers further career opportunities and training along with a strong benefits package including 25 days holiday.