Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required to join an internal infrastructure team for a leading company based in the Portsmouth area.
The role of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be a key position within the IT department and will be responsible for managing and maintaining IT services and network infrastructure across the business and to be a leading 3rd line technical resource. You will provide technical advice, implement industry best practices and to take a leading technical role within the team and while seconded to internal project teams. You will be working within a senior member of a team that supports and maintains services for 4 offices, 3 datacentres and 3 warehouses.
- Support manage and monitor over 350 servers, physical and virtual.
- Support manage and monitor over 50 network devices.
- Support and monitor the website, which is a 24/7/365 critical service.
- Production Services support multiple environments, including Production, Pre-Prod and DR on physical, virtual and cloud platforms
The ideal candidate for the Senior Infrastructure engineer will have:
- At least 3 years' experience in a third-line technical support role.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting and maintaining an e-commerce platform including Windows, IIS, .Net framework, Certificate management etc.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting and maintaining an Active Directory-based Wintel environment including Group Policy, Active Directory Domain Services, DFSR and so forth.
- Experience and Knowledge of supporting and maintaining an enterprise Network, including load balancers, firewalls, VPN, Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience and Knowledge of supporting and maintaining VMware virtualised platforms.
- Experience supporting messaging systems such as Exchange and Office 365
- Experience supporting enterprise storage arrays, including DELL, HP, EMC, various models.
- Ability to manage priorities within small team
- Experience and Knowledge of using and configuring enterprise monitoring solutions, such as Solarwinds.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer further career opportunities, training and an excellent benefits package.