Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required to join an international, highly progressive company from their offices in Southampton.
The role of a Senior Infrastructure Engineer will involve working in both a Windows and Linux environment within a large enterprise environment from initial build and configuration through to implementation and BAU support whilst still being a major escalation point.
Requirements and Duties
- Linux administration skills (ideally RHCSA or RHCE)
- Windows administration skills (ideally MCSA or MCSE)
- Strong VMware skills (ideally VCP)
- Solid scripting experience (ideally Bash, Powershell, PHP, Pearl)
- Focus on security
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical thinking. Be able to break down large environments and issues into the most important items and collaborate on a plan to resolve issues.
- Must be a strong team player and comfortable in interfacing with other areas of the business with the aim of delivery of the team's objectives.
- Strong professional qualifications with emphasis on Linux, VMware and MS
- Expertise in Exchange, AD and GPO administration.
- Experience with internet Protocols and conceptual knowledge of Networking
- Experience of working in a team environment, ideally across continents.
- You can demonstrate any experience or talk about the configuration of a variety of Operating Systems in detail.
- You can demonstrate knowledge and experience of using configuration management tools or techniques such as Salt.
- You have had any exposure or experience with any virtualization technologies.
- You have any scripting knowledge or experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that truly values its staff, has an excellent work environment, fantastic benefits and further opportunities for career growth.