A Senior Java Developer is required to join a market leading technical company from their head office in Southampton.
The role of a Senior Java Developer will involve working within a highly collaborative team environment across the full development lifecycle in an Agile environment.
The responsibilities and duties of the role will include:
- Research, design, and develop using mainly Java and PHP
- Maintain and enhance existing software applications (backend and frontend).
- Use of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies
- Familiar with SOA, web services and REST architecture.
- Automated testing, particularly TDD/BDD.
- Unit, Functional, and Integration testing
- Continuous Integration experience with Jenkins
- Continuous Delivery and deployment automation experience
- Agile/Scrum processes and methodologies
- Deploy anywhere technologies (Docker, Drop wizard)
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 3 years of experience or combination of experience and relevant training and education.
- Experience with a wide variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Solid experience with software version control systems such as GIT.
- Experience with configuration management systems and automated testing and deployment systems a definite plus.
- Experience with ITIL processes is a plus.
- Agile/SCRUM certification
- Atlassian suite experience (JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Infrastructure Automation experience with SALT, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- NodeJs experience, DevOps experience, Scripting experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that truly values its staff, has an excellent work environment, fantastic benefits and further opportunities for career growth.