Senior Java Developer is required to join a leading and highly progressive company from their head office based on the outskirts of Southampton.
The role of Senior Java Developer will involve working as part of a team and reporting to the Technical Director. You will ensure the delivery of high quality software solutions that meet the expectations of their customers and enable the business to achieve its ambitious growth demands. As part of a multi-year project there is a need to re-architect its existing products utilising the latest web, Java and mobile based technologies. This role will provide a significant contribution to this strategy.
- Hands-on development with a variety of technologies in an agile environment (SCRUM)
- Analyse software requirements for a given project
- Identify impact of possible implementation options
- Design robust and scalable solutions
- Review existing processes and tools and make recommendations for improvements
- Write automated unit, integration and UI tests where needed
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Performance improvement and refactoring of existing code
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Create and defend estimates and help the team do the same
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
- To share knowledge and skills with others
- Highlight task level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the team
- Assisting with the recruitment of other team members
The ideal candidates for this role will at least 5 years commercial experience within software developer and be educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent. You will have the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Relational Databases, modern IDEs and version control software, such as SVN or Git
- Experience of modern web client frameworks such as React
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Thorough understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Practical experience of developing scalable eCommerce or Enterprise solutions using a Service Orientated Architecture
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly.
- High level of accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Mobile app development ideally using Xamarin
- Scrum Master experience
- Payment industry experience
- PCI / GDPR awareness
- .Net based languages.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and highly ambitious company who would be able to offer further opportunities along with a good benefits package: