Senior Linux Engineer
up to £50,000 plus benefits including flexible working, pension and generous holiday allowance.
Senior Linux Engineer is required to join a leading organisation, based from their head office in central Southampton.
The role of a Senior Linux Engineer will be to design and deploy a refresh of the facilities as well as a number of infrastructure-based solutions that will be used through the company, which has multiple sites around the city. My client has a wide breadth of IT infrastructure which covers Linux, Microsoft and Mac systems but the major backbone of their services are all based on a Linux infrastructure, more specifically within Red Hat.
Working as a senior member of the team responsible for designing, documenting, implementing and optimising ICT infrastructure for the entire company. You will ensuing the integration of new solutions with other existing products and services delivered by IT. Furthermore you will be required to implement, configure, maintain and support the use of specialist software tools, applications, equipment and resources in the area of the installed server and storage infrastructure systems and related technologies.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Linux Engineer will be working within a similar position at the moment and have at last 3-5 years commercial experience..
You will have:
- Significant knowledge of Linux (primarily RHEL, although other flavours would be acceptable) along with a working knowledge of the Windows server platform.
- Experience of at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP
- Knowledge of Puppet (or other configuration management systems)
- Experience of enterprise scale storage
- Awareness of mitigating security vulnerabilities in enterprise-scale ICT systems.
- Experience of Software Development in an enterprise environment
The position is currently fully remote with a view to coming back into the office in Spring 2021 and from there it will be a split of office and home working.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly progressive company that would be able to offer further opportunities for growth along with a fantastic benefits package.
Please contact Tom Rayner on 02380 765 808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.