We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join an award-winning software company that develop innovative web products based in Basingstoke.
This Senior Systems Administrator will see you taking responsibility for supporting and maintaining Linux environments within their production services and will also involve providing support for the implementation and migration of services into AWS.
The role of Senior Systems Administrator;
- Provide expert technical knowledge of Linux/Windows Server Systems
- Maintain AWS systems as on-premises migrates to the cloud
- Work with architects on best practice for system design and operation
- Maintain and optimise performance of the servers
- Identify and take ownership of potential platform issues
- Maintaining the highest availability and performance of our 24/7 services
- Must be able to provide out of hours cover when necessary (on-call Rota)
- Manage load balancers
- Provision of evidence for internal and external audit (PCI & ISO) requirements
The successful Senior Systems Administrator will have the following;
- Extensive Linux system administration experience
- Knowledge / understanding of AWS
- Experience within a Windows administrative role
- Experience with VMware
- Understanding of networks
The role of Senior Systems Administrator is paying up to £60,000 and comes with a wide range of benefits including a bonus.
To apply, please forward your CV to tomstickler@spectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294