Senoir Network engineer is required to join a global hosting company who are highly progressive and renowned from their head offices based in Southampton.
The role of a Senior Network Engineer will involve working throughout the full lifecycle in regard to build, deployment and on-going support of their networking operations for both internal users and external customers. You will:
- Provide advanced level technical support for all networking and security products.
- Oversee and/or participate in projects locally and remotely involving, but not limited to, network design, product design, continuous network expansions, and data center build outs.
- Work with Cisco, Juniper and Brocade switches/routers, Juniper firewalls, and Brocade/Citrix load balancers daily.
- Proactive management of network capacity and traffic engineering.
- Assist Network Solution Engineers with the design of custom service requests for customers
- Train and work with NOE staff in implementation and support of our Data Center Network.
- Train and work with NOC staff to reinforce first call resolution.
- Collaborate daily with an international team of employees in Network Engineering, Data Center Operations, Sales, IT, and Customer Experience.
- Monitor network health and responds to event alarms
- Analyse network traffic patterns and respond to security issues
- Provide support to colocation and network customers
- Co-ordinates maintenance with vendors and remote technicians
- Detect and Mitigate Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against our network and clients
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal and customer servers and applications outages using all monitoring tools
The ideal candidate for this position will be working within a networking role at the moment and will have an industry recognised qualification with either Cisco or Juniper such as a CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, JNCIA or JNCIS.
You will have:
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cabling and internet protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, LDP, RSVP etc.
- In depth knowledge of Linux/Unix and ability to perform scripting is a plus.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
- Expert knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Citrix and Brocade hardware and software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Requires a detailed understanding of the delivery of telecom services such as Transparent LAN (TLAN), Metro LAN (MLAN) and Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) an asset
- Requires a detailed understanding of bridging/switching and most layer 2 protocols including Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, 802.1P, 8021AD and Transparent VLANs an asset
- Working knowledge and experience with layer 2 bridging/switching, TCP/IP inter-networking and routing with OSPF and BGP as well as an understanding of CIDR address allocation an asset
- The ability to communicate clearly and effortlessly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer further career opportunities and some fantastic benefits.