Senior Software Engineer / Python Software Developer
Python, Django, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Agile
Hampshire; Southampton area + Remote working
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer / Senior Python Developer to join a company in Hampshire developing innovative Software solutions at an exciting time of growth and investment. The Senior Software Developer will work full life cycle with influence across the development of a large-scale data processing system and additional backend applications.
The Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to take lead on projects and mentor other members of the development team, if they wish. The role will remain hands-on and a strong Python programming background is essential, any recent expertise in Machine learning / data science is desirable.
The company offer flexible working and a salary between £50-60,000 based on experience + benefits and long-term home working options
- Act as a Senior member of collaborative Software Development team
- Take a key role in building a complex data processing solution using Python
- You will help ensure that development best practice and relevant standards and procedures are met
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Senior level management.
- Work to Agile best practice
- 5+ years' experience as a Software Engineer/Software Developer
- Extensive commercial experience with Python, Django
- ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- CI / CD (Jenkins or similar)
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams to set timescales
- Degree educated in Computer Science, or related field is highly desirable
- Commercial Data Science or Machine Learning experience is highly desirable
Their offices are commutable from Southampton, Winchester, Fareham and Basingstoke areas. You will also have the option to work from home 2-3 days a week long-term.
Please apply to this ad to discuss the full details, alternatively contact me via our website to LinkedIn - Paul Grace at SpectrumIT
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK