Senior Software Developer
A progressive technology company based in the Fareham area are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join their talented team of developers.
The Senior Software Developer will have the opportunity to help develop new safety solutions for customers.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join the team and get involved in new and exciting investment backed projects.
The responsibilities of the Senior Software Developer will include:
- Lead and mentor team members
- Maintain quality processes and technical product documentation
- Encourage and motivate people to achieve high standards and meet strategic objectives by actively developing team members' skills and knowledge
- Ensure software releases are to plan, achieve acceptable quality and follow release procedures
- Interface with key clients that have software development requirements
- Provide internal and external training of internally developed software
- Design, test and develop new features from internal and external customer requests
- Apply agile software development and test driven development methods to software development activities
- Maintain and improve internal and external systems and applications
- Manage personal and team workload of jobs using JIRA task management
- Write unit tests to identify defects
- Participate in code review of own and other developers code
The Senior Software Developer will have the following skills and experience:
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Worked within docker / Kubernetes environments
- Python programming experience
- Use of GIT or similar version control systems
- Expertise in at least one Python framework (Django / Flask)
- An understanding of Databases and SQL
- Use of Python libraries such as NumPy and Pandas (Beneficial)
- Experience with cloud technologies (Beneficial)
This is a great opportunity to join a company who are committed to using Data and Software to improve a high profile industry. The organisation also offer an element of flexible working hours to give employees some balance if required.
The role of Senior Software Developer is offering a salary of up to £50,000, flexible working, Pension and more.
To apply for the Senior Software Developer role please send your CV to CameronElloway@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call on 02380 765 301.