Senior Software Engineer / Lead Engineer - Southampton
Python, C, Cloud, AWS, DevOps , Agile
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer / Lead Engineer to join a company in Hampshire developing a number of innovative Software solutions at an exciting time of growth and investment. The Software Engineer will work full life cycle with influence across design, development and architecture phases whilst collaborating with other senior engineers and senior management.
The business will consider Lead Software Engineers as there scope to own the project delivery, however current hands-on development experience is essential. The ideal candidate will have a strong Software Engineering background with one of the following languages, Python, C, Java or Scala. Recent experience in a Cloud environment (AWS preferred) is essential, with any additional knowledge of DevOps being highly desirable.
- Work as part of collaborative Software Engineering team
- Take a key role in building complex software solutions using Python and C programming languages.
- Initial focus on designing and delivering a modern AWS cloud platform solution
- Drive continuous improvement of the SaaS and Cloud product capabilities
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, IT Security, Data Scientists and Senior management.
- Work to Agile best practice
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5+ years' experience as a Software Engineer, Application Architect or similar
- Able to code in Python, C, Java, Scala, or similar
- Strong Cloud platform knowledge and experience; AWS is preferred
- Proficiency in DevOps and Containerisation (Docker or similar)
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams; Software Development, Data Science, IT Security etc
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
The company offer flexible working and a salary based on experience + benefits.
Their offices are commutable form Southampton, Winchester, Fareham and Basingstoke areas.
Please apply to this ad to discuss the full details, alternatively contact me via our website to LinkedIn - Paul Grace at SpectrumIT
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK