Senior Software Testing Engineer is required to join an international and highly respected company from their head offices based in Cowes, on the Isle Of Wight.
The role of a Senior Software Testing Engineer will be to help manage the current software testing team whilst being hands on in regard to the testing and quality assurance for their software products and solutions.
The role will involve:
- The design and creation of test plans
- Creation, configuration and maintenance of test environments
- Creation and implementation of tests using manual and automated testing tools
- Test in line with the test specification, record results, and issue test reports
- Review of test results to determine product quality, identifying action as required
- Support and review of the development process to highlight quality issues
- Identification and driving procedural changes in the development and test process
- Assist in troubleshooting with different teams to identify defect root cause and resolution
The ideal candidates for the Senior Software Testing Engineer will be working within a similar role at the moment and have at least 3-5 years' experience within software testing, preferably within a mixture of manual and automated environments.
You will have:
- Proven experience in the management of Functional Test execution from planning to defect analysis
- Competent in test design, execution and the analysis of results
- Proven experience in the execution of Functional and System level black box tests in complex client server-based systems including setup and management of multiple hardware and network configurations
- Proficiency in recording tests and bug verification processes
- Experience either leading a team or being a senior member of a testing team.
Your communication skills must be very strong as you will be liaising with other internal departments and stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that has some excellent benefits and will be able to offer further training and career opportunities.