A Senior Support Analyst is required for a prestigious organisation in Southampton as part of a small team providing day to day support and also working on a number of projects.
The role of Senior IT Support Analyst;
- Support and deputise for the Network Manager in the effective management of IT systems and technologies
- Advise on the introduction and implementation of new systems, hardware and software across all sites.
- Ensure IT Systems (including but not exclusively, Servers, Storage, Virtual Environments, Databases) are configured and managed effectively and that any issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the configuration and management of the network. With particular emphasis on configuring wired networking, VLANS and subnets for security and efficiency.
- Understand and occasionally test the failover systems and procedures for various devices and environments.
- Resolve any issues regarding systems, workstations or data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in managing the security of the networks, this includes maintaining an awareness of current and future issues and advising on developments to ensure the security and integrity of the systems.
- Help ensuring that all data is suitably stored and is accessible to appropriate users.
- As required, to ensure that software is installed, updated and configured and where appropriate staff are provided with training and support in the use of the software.
This role would suit an experience IT Support Analyst with excellent communication and problem solving skills who is happy providing deskside support.
Senior IT Support Analyst requirements;
- Strong Virtualization knowledge.
- Firewalls and network security.
- MS Office and Exchange Server.
It would be beneficial to have experience of;
- Virtualization technologies
- Firwalls and network security
- MS Office
- Databases (Ideally SQL)
The role of Senior Support Analyst is paying circa £36,000 with excellent benefits including 28 days holidays, enhanced pension, free meals, Gym, free parking and more.
To apply for this Senior Support Analyst role please forward your CV to tomstickler@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294