Senior Systems / Infrastructure Engineer - Microsoft
Hampshire: Havant -near Cosham, Chichester
£30,000 to £38,000
An experienced System Engineer / 3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer is required to join a growing business based in Hampshire.
The Systems Engineer will help the business support and maintain their Systems and Infrastructure and bring the 3rd line responsibility back in-house. The position is senior level and will manage this transition, remaining hands-on in supporting the Microsoft infrastructure and the external clients and relevant products.
The core responsibility of the role will revolve around Systems Management, Maintenance and Support. You will be working in a Microsoft environment (Hyper-V) and will also cover Networking (routing, switching, and firewalls) and VMWare responsibilities.
Key skills and experience;
Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience with the following;
- 2nd/3rd line level support and maintenance experience
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center VMM
- Microsoft Clustered Storage Spaces
- Failover clustering
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and Active Directory administration.
- Firewalls - installation and maintenance
- Microsoft (MCSE) certificate or similar is highly desirable
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
The role offers the opportunity to make it your own and to take on more responsibility. If you are interested in discussing the full details pleas apply to this advert to be considered