Service Desk Analyst (2nd Line)
£25,000 - £30,000
This position provides day-to-day on-site support (2nd line duties). The role is responsible for supporting the provision and continual improvement of IT support services from the IT Service Desk to the office in which this role is based and other offices when requested. Working within the IT Service Desk team and with other IT teams to support the delivery of a good quality IT Service Desk service (2nd line duties) to defined performance metrics.
Previous experience of working within a law firm is desirable, with experience of legal applications; including case management, finance and reporting; including Thomson Reuters 3E, Thomson Reuters Mattersphere, iManage, Rekoop, VisualFiles, Proclaim, BigHand. The key accountabilities and responsibilities of the role are set out below. Given business needs and requirements do change over time, please note this list is not exhaustive and will be reviewed and updated periodically to reflect those changes.
- MS Infrastructure
- Office 365 Cloud Hosted
- Office 2016 migration to O365
- Microsoft Windows 10/Server 2012+
- Active Directory
- Ticket Management
- MSP experience
- Case Management Systems
- Maintain an effective IT Service Desk service, ensuring delivery against the agreed service delivery goals and objectives, providing maximum availability and performance of the IT Service Desk service throughout the firm.
- Contribute to the delivery of quality support ensuring that nothing gets forgotten, customers are kept informed of progress and complaints/escalations are kept to a minimum.
- Track Incidents and Requests to conclusion in line with SLAs and quality standards.
- Perform routine checks on various systems as required.
- Perform general administrative duties, including user account creation, moves and changes across all relevant IT systems.
- Measure monitor and work to drive down incident levels.
- Meet performance goals and KPIs
- Manage personal workloads, escalations and operational processes including but not limited to ensuring all contacts are answered and all contacts are logged within the service management toolset.
- Participate in staff rotations to deliver the agreed levels of service to the business.
- Make proactive recommendations for the improvement of the IT Service Desk service and supporting IT systems to ensure they align with the business processes and plans.
- Proactively research and identify working practices and processes in support of improving the IT Service Desk service.
- Assist with the effective provision and continual improvement of the IT Service Desk service.
- Support the design of formal operating processes and documentation standards to deliver IT solutions and services within acceptable levels of quality, risk, formality and efficiency.
The standard working hours are a 37.5 hours per week, but overtime is expected during busy periods of system instability and resolution or project related activities. Participation in a shift rotation is a requirement for this role between 8:00 - 18:00.
Renumeration package includes a salary of up to £30,000 + benefits, depending on experience; contributory pension.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, plus national bank holidays.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.