Service Desk Lead / Support Lead
Do you want to be a pivotal part of the software architecture for a company who have been around for over 40 years and process over 100 million transactions across 5 countries yearly. Do you want to work for a company who show proven commitment to their employees by continued personal development, Bonus Incentives, Employee Assistance, Pension, Life Cover from day 1, Health Scheme, Financial Advice, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing assistance with table tennis, a pool table, relaxed break out areas, car charging stations and flexible start and finish times plus Community and Social Events. If so read on...
You will be a key player in the Service Desk team providing expert knowledge to our sales support team and working with the product managers & prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
Role Overview and responsibilities
· Providing post install and snagging support.
· High level Technical Support to the Service Department.
· Providing basic training documentation on new products
· Providing Training and Support to all Service Teams.
· Providing documentation and processes to improve how the Service Desk support our products.
· Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7-day week, to ensure we have support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or
· Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
· Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
· 2-3 years IT experience required
· Windows 7/10 Support
· Any knowledge of embedded Windows 7 or IOT Windows 10 would be beneficial
· Windows Active Directory/domain experience
· Experience installing Windows updates (Windows 7/10)
· Experience setting up and or using Centralised Antivirus Software.
· Task automation and simplification using scripting such as PowerShell.
· A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
· Knowledge of basic Sql scripting would be beneficial
· Solid troubleshooting skills.
· Awareness of Security, development and IT services best practices (PCI:DSS, ITIL)
· Helpdesk Hours of Cover are 24 hours with manned office, you will be expected to ensure you are able to support these hours on a rota basis.
If you are up for the challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.