Senior Service Desk Technician - Newbury, Berkshire - £30,000 - £35,000
Helpdesk/ 1st Line Support / 2nd Line Support / IT Support Engineer/ ITIL/ Active Directory/ Microsoft Office
My client, based just outside of Newbury, is looking for a Senior Service Desk Technician to join the team. They are looking for an experienced Support candidate who can assist in all aspects of the offices' IT requirements (mainly 1st and 2nd line support tasks). They are looking for a people person with a good technical knowledge and prior experience in ITIL frameworks who is keen to progress and develop their career but also can proactively focus and prioritise on their workload.
The client themselves focus within the Automotive sector working with both OEMs and retailers offering a number of bespoke solutions to their clients. The business has had steady growth and is continuing to go strength to strength so it's an exciting time to get on board. At the business' core is it's people and so they are looking for someone enthusiastic, driven and approachable to join a likeminded team! The office in Newbury currently has around 120 members of staff in a relatively open plan environment. The position is currently the main IT troubleshooter for the Newbury office but the Management team see the team growing under this employee once they have their feet under the table. It's a fantastic opportunity to progress within your career and potentially build a small Service Desk team across time!
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement and maintain service desk policies
- Utilize ITIL Framework
- Overall IT Support duties for the office - mainly 1st and 2nd line support
- Active Directory management
- Hardware, Software , telephony and Networking support duties
- Server Configuration
- Support 120 End users
- Incident Root Cause Analysis
- Problem management
- Coach junior members of staff
- Develop and maintain service desk SLAs (Using ITIL Frameworks)
- Define incident-response process and flow
- Prepare reporting (mainly related to incident metrics, root causes, service requests, problem management and SLA performance )
- Work with third party Vendors to implement improvements where necessary
- Assist, where needed in any service desk staffing, coaching junior members of staff, scheduling etc
What They're looking for:
- Ideally 5+ years' prior experience in IT Support roles
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office (Including Office365)
- Confident with Active Directory, Sharepoint, Internet protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS, IP, SSH etc) and service desk tracking tools
- Ideally, experience in developing and/ or maintaining service desk SLAs
- Prior experience and, ideally, certification in ITIL Frameworks
- Fantastic Communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills with a proactive approach.
If you'd be interested in applying click apply now for your CV to be considered! Alternatively, feel free to call Rachel at SpectrumIT on 02380 765 299 if you have any questions!