Software Architect / Team Lead
£65,000 to £75,000 + 10% bonus and comprehensive benefits
Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire
An exciting new opportunity for a talented Software Architect with Team Leadership experience to take the reins of a talented software development team. The scope of the role is to be the technical authority on systems/software design and architecture and to lead a team of developers providing strategic input, tech & product roadmap and line management.
Our client is a market leading digital retailer with annual t/o of circa £500m, c1000 employees and global product appeal and brand awareness. They drive an adventurous & innovative business practice offering a competitive salary & benefits package with a positive and diverse working culture.
We are looking for ambitious candidates with a strong technical background and the aptitude and experience to manage a capable development team.
- A track record of leading successful development teams in fast paced consumer lead environments
- Ability to influence others through collaboration in a matrix environment
- Strong experience with systems design and architecture, leveraging technology to improve customer engagement and product efficiency's.
- Wide ranging knowledge of development and delivery lifecycles including detailed knowledge of scrum, Kanban, waterfall methodologies with an appreciation of when to apply a particular method
- Strong understanding and experience of following best practice for code design (design patterns, SOLID principles)
- Supporting and guiding more junior members, in areas such as code reviews, pair programming and knowledge sharing (class room, Wiki etc)
- Strong communication skills not just with peers and other members of development team but right across project teams (PM's, BA's) and wider business functions (stakeholders, users)
- Delivery of sound documentation
The company offers a rewarding and progressive career path and ongoing investment in training and development
If you have the ambition and experience we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765803