Software Engineer - C++/ C# - Basingstoke
Our client is looking for a Software Developer/ Software Engineer ideally with experience working on projects surrounding Sensors or sensor technology to join their small software team in their Basingstoke office . The role is an exciting opportunity to work on some large sale international projects with innovative sensor technology.
The client have grown over the last 11 years into an international brand that pride themselves on the quality of the products and projects that they deliver. Whilst this role would be based out of their Basingstoke office they also have branches across the world including in Germany, America and China to name just a few. The projects that they focus on surround sensor technology from Temperature sensors, acoustic sensors and vibration sensors to name just a few. They supply to and work on projects in a variety of sectors so the projects and focuses are always different and varied.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- You will work in an interdisciplinary team alongside signal processing and machine learning experts to implement algorithms as real-time components in an existing software platform.
- Develop optimized solutions for processing of pipelined high volume data
- Build maintainable software components that operate efficiently as part of a larger multi-process system
- Test software at a unit and system level
- You have a good degree in software engineering, computer science, or a similar track record.
- More than 2 years of experience in a C++ and Object Oriented Programming role with an understanding of computer science fundamentals such as multi-threading
- Linux or Unix operating system experience
- Experience of version control and build systems such as GIT and Jenkins
- You are engaged, creative, and self-reliant, with a solution oriented approach.
- You are an excellent communicator - a cooperative and dependable team player - with excellent written and spoken English skills.
What's In it for you?
- Competitive basic salary of between £30,000 and £45,000 and happy to negotiate for the right experience
- Pension Scheme - They will match contributions up to 5%
- 25 Days Holiday (+ 8 Bank Holiday Days)
- Bonus Scheme - 10% paid twice yearly (20% total bonus)
- Flexible working - Core hours between 10am and 16:00
If this role is of interest and you think that you could be up for the challenge, then please send your CV through to rachelclements@spectrumIT.co.uk