Software Developer - C#/ .NET
About the Role
My client are the leaders research for the transportation industry and currently have a unique opportunity for a software developer with an interest in developing and supporting bespoke solutions that enable researchers to drive the future of transport
You will have experience of the whole software lifecycle, who would love to use your programming knowledge to work directly with scientists, engineers, data scientists and statisticians to develop software solutions that support the delivery of projects and services to the consumers.
The role will involve understanding requirements and delivering new software solutions as well as taking on the development and support of existing bespoke software solutions.
The successful candidate will get involved directly in ground-breaking projects in areas including research in telematics and connected and autonomous vehicles.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced in the full software lifecycle from requirements, design, build and test through to product management and support
- Experienced in developing front-end applications, back-end databases, reporting functionality, integration and API's.
- Experienced in the design and development of databases including relational databases, non-SQL e.g. MongoDB, Hadoop, MS Access.
- Experienced in source control management e.g. GitHub, SVN.
- Great communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable flair for understanding requirements, software design and development.
- Ability to determine and champion the use of software systems to drive efficiency and effective working.
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate a background in two or more of the following:
- Experience of developing bespoke software to support research.
- Experience in computational science, algorithm development and modelling.
- A demonstrable interest in transport research, road safety, automotive, telematics or traffic modelling software
- Experience of working with large complex datasets.
- Experience of structured software development processes.
- Knowledge of IT hardware including on-premise, Azure and AWS Cloud, Linux.
Applicants should be degree qualified within a related science or engineering discipline.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity then please send your CV to WilkinChan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 292 if you wish to be considered for this position.