Software Development Manager (Hands-on) - Reading
An expanding software solutions company based in Reading are currently recruiting for a hands-on Software Development Manager to lead and grow a small team of Java Developers.
The Software Development Manager will take ownership of the Development team and will be expected to personally develop code, given the size of the small team. The successful Software Development Manager will be given a lot of autonomy with regards to introducing new technologies and driving the team forwards. They will also handle the recruitment process as the team expands in line with company growth over the next 2 years.
Previous line management experience is not essential. The company are happy to consider Developers looking to step up into more of a managerial position.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Managing and growing a team of Java/SQL Developers
- Developing the methodology of separating the database/application backend from the UI
- Allocating development work within the team, either internal or external
- Keeping Developers' training plans relevant and updated
- Managing the relationship with the Data Centres
- Coordinate the installation of security patches and version control in the test and live environments
- Linux (Preferably Debian)
Any experience in the following would be advantageous:
- UI Development
If you are looking for an opportunity of this nature, please contact RyanOatley@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765 286.