An exciting opportunity based in Southampton for a Software Development Manager has arisen within an organisation who specialise in developing operational management software solutions. This is the perfect opportunity for a lead developer who is ready to take the next step up in their career and join an organisation who is currently thriving.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT Operations, you will be responsible for leading a high performing development team who are integrating new platforms across their business. You will be working very closely with other senior leaders within the business including the Head of IT, Senior Technical Architect and PMO Manger to help design the implementation process of new platforms and strategies.
The role of Software Development Manager is paying a salary of up to £64,000 and comes with a wide range of benefits including Bupa care, dental care, 6% pension and an annual bonus of up to 13%.
The key responsibilities for the role of Software Development Manager will include:
- Lead and manage a software development team made up of approximately 10 developers
- Work closely with the rest of the senior leadership team to implement new strategies and platforms
- Work across the business to maintain a high-level design plan
- Help provide a solution interface utilising DevOps
The successful Software Development Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong hands on development experience with Java (or other similar open source technologies)
- Taking a lead role within the development lifecycle
- DevOps - desirable
- Management / team lead experience
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to tomstickler@spectrumIT.co.uk or call Tom on 02380 765 294.