Software Engineer (Telecoms)
£35,000 - £45,000
My client, a leading, rapidly growing cloud-based technology company based in Basingstoke is looking for a Software Engineer (OOP, Telecoms) to join their team. Specialising in conference calls, premium remote meetings and web and video services they have made significant investment in their technology so this is an excellent time to join them.
It is an 'all hands to the pump' moment as we seek to build a global business with offices in the USA, Asia and Australia. This is a role for a self-motivated person, who has a passion for technology. Work life balance is crucial and the CEO has a great focus on wellbeing within the team.
- To develop software as required by the company including, but not limited to:
- Scoping of customer requirements by interacting with customers and internal stakeholders over the phone and very occasionally face to face.
- Analysis, design and implementation of applications and support software through computer-based work.
- Rollout and support of deployed products and platforms by interacting with customers mainly over the phone/computer
- To ensure that currency is maintained with the latest, suitable technology and developments in the communications field both on a personal basis and to assist the company in general through computer-based work.
Main Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of any OOP language - PHP, C++, etc
- SIP, VoIP
- Knowledge of Freeswitch, Asterisk or similar
- RTP/SRTP, TLS, Voice codecs knowledge ideally
- Web RTC
- Experience of Amazon AWS, Lambda functions, Linux, Apache and REST APIs is desirable
- Experience of project management including scoping, planning, development, testing, implementation, roll out and support is desirable
- Degree (or equivalent) in IT or other relevant subjects is desirable
If you would like to apply please send your CV to email@example.com