Software Engineer - Apps and Tools Development
We are working with a unique and innovative IoT company who are looking to expand on their small but highly talented and motivated team due to their rapid growth.
Main responsibilities will includes working as part of the technical team responsible for development of new products and applications as well as providing support for existing products and releases.
This role requires knowledge and experience in App development for some or all of iOS, Android, PC and Web platforms.
The role will involve software engineering across several projects and tasks in support of the development of a ground-breaking approach for intelligent lighting controls in new connected environments.
- To become familiar with the existing technology and architecture and its application in target market sectors.
- Working with our design team to capture interface requirements and develop software specifications.
- UI and tools implementation on iOS, Android, Windows and Web. Projects will be taken from concept to product release
- Investigating and testing current applications and involvement with product enhancements.
- Acquiring specialist knowledge in at least one business critical interface area though additional research and exploration.
- Liaising with users and other team members as required to producing specification proposals for new projects.
- Supporting the writing of appropriate documentation and operating manuals, providing accurate recording of development undertaken including the completion of time-sheets.
- Testing interfaces and components to ensure that they operate satisfactorily.
- Contributing to the team's creative vision with ideas for products and enhancements
Skills and background
Ideally 1+ years experience but Graduates with industry experience will be considered too.
Ability to develop and interpret technical plans and a creative approach to problem solving.