Software Engineer (Python) - Basingstoke OR London
Competitive Basic Salary+ Benefits packages
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Python to join the Software R&D team in either Basingstoke or London - whichever is easiest for the best candidate! They are looking for a candidate with experience in Software Engineering and a confidence in Python.
The right candidate will have a passion for all things coding and tech and want to do it out of work as well as in work. The teams are some of the best in the business and they need candidates that think out of the box and candidates that are always thinking about how to improve!
The client are leaders in cyber security and so only look to employ the best! They are a forward-thinking company that like to stay ahead of the curve and are looking for people who are always looking to do better! They look for people who take things apart just to put them back together better. The company run on an idea led culture, so they need people who aren't afraid to talk about their ideas and suggestions!
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Fundamental and strategic contributions to architecture and system design
- Full SW lifecycle - be involved in the design, development and maintenance of the product
- Work with other teams within R&D to interact with the web interfaces and APIs in microservice architecture
- Drive innovation and stay ahead of the curve with new technologies and out of the box thinking
- Create Cutting edge RESTful APIs that are reliable, scalable and performant
- Strong Python skills
- SQL and NoSQL database knowledge
- Knowledge of creating RESTful APIs
- An interest in cyber security
- Creatively-minded - able to work to find solutions to unique problems
- Ideally have experience working in Linux
- Preferably have experience working with large data sets
- Experience in creating comprehensive test cases that ensure high quality code
What's in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Relaxed working environments - no shirts and ties to be seen!
- Fun environment - Nerf gun walls, games areas, drinks fridge, fussball because why should work be all work no play?!
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- 31 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
If this role is of interest and you think that you could be up for the challenge, then please send your CV through to rachelclements@spectrumIT.co.uk