A leading and high-profile organisation with multiple business streams is looking for a Software Solution Designer to join them.
As the Software Solution Designer you are responsible for architecting and designing solutions within the relevant technology area.
You will act as a technical design authority in order to drive the design and delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner.
You will provide support and guidance for more junior members of the team (and engaged partner resources), striving for continual process improvement.
The Software Solution Designer role
- Working closely with key business & IT stakeholders, business analysts, and other team members to understand and help define/elaborate requirements.
- Creating and revolutionizing detailed designs across the relevant technologies. LLD, TDD, etc.)
- Acting as a conduit between Solution Architecture and Development teams, ensuring effective translation of high-level design and adherence to architectural and design standards/principles.
- Having detailed technical and functional knowledge of the relevant platform/system capabilities..
- Provide design assurance/governance during the build/test phases.
- Driving the definition of best practice and standards within the design and development teams.
- Providing quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects.
- Identifying areas for improvement within your team's delivery.
- Working with the IT Portfolio Manager for the relevant functional area to understand future strategy and roadmap.
A successful Software Software Solution Designer will have
- Demonstrable experience in design and implementation in the relevant technology area.
- Experience in a similar role designing/architecting solution in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi system) environments.
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Experience of design within large organizations covering some of the following:
- Microsoft Stack
- AngularJS / Java
- Database design
- Exposure to MEAN stack.
- Bespoke & Integration application design.
- Mobile application design will be advantageous
- Experience in UX/UI design beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
The role of Software Solutions Designer is paying up to £90,000 with benefits including, Bonus, Car Allowance, 25 days holiday, Private Medical, Pension and more.
To apply for this Solutions Designer role please forward your CV to ChrisLynes@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Chris on 02380 765 805