We have a great opportunity to join a household name as a Software Solution Designer responsible for designing software solutions, acting as a technical design authority.
As Software Solution Designer you will :
- Works closely with key business & IT stakeholders, business analysts to define requirements.
- Creation and evolution of detailed designs across the relevant technologies. LLD, TDD, etc.) with a focus on standardisation and re-usability. This will include Low Level Designs, Technical Designs and Interface Contract Documents.
- Act as a conduit between Solution Design and Development teams, ensuring effective translation of high level design and adherence to architectural and design standards/principles.
- Have detailed technical and functional knowledge of the relevant platform/system capabilities. Applies knowledge of industry trends, standards and developments to improve technical deliveries and service.
- Provide design assurance/governance during the build/test phases, acting as a technical design authority and ensuring the solution design and implementation meets technical, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Drive the definition of best practice and standards within the design and development teams.
- Responsible for reviewing requirements, functional specifications, architectural designs and test strategies to ensure members of the team are adhering agreed standards
- Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects.
- Identify areas for improvement within your team's delivery and, where appropriate, lead the trial and rollout of new software delivery processes and techniques.
- Work with the IT Portfolio Manager for the relevant functional area to understand future strategy, roadmap and support the definition of an aligned Tech roadmap.
The successful Software Solution Designer will:
- Demonstrable experience in design and implementation in the relevant technology area.
- Experience in a similar role designing solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile).
- Experience in UX/UI design beneficial.
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
Core technology experience should include:
- MEAN Stack (Angular/Node/Mongo)
- .Net Stack
- Oracle/SQL Database
The role of Software Solution Designer is paying up to £75,000 plus bonus, Medical, Pension, 25 days holiday and more.
The office is located in Basingstoke but the role is currently remote with a blended approach once restrictions are eased.
Please apply now or contact Chris Lynes at Spectrum IT