A successful software company requires and an experienced IT Support analyst to join their support function, supporting and deploying their industry leading bespoke software solution.
Their complex software is developed internally and is continually evolving so full training will be given on the software product itself.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with general IT Support experience who is interested in specialising in Application Support / Software support.
The role of Software Support Analyst;
- Logging, diagnosis and resolve Software issues.
- Provide a timely and professional response to customer queries & issues
- Maintenance of internal systems to ensure that these are up-to-date
- Testing of Development fixes for support issues
- Implementation of Software changes and fixes into internal and customer environments
- Escalation of support issues in line with Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Creation and maintenance of internal knowledgebase articles
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement process
- Work on projects delivering the software solutions on time and budget.
- Delivery of software solutions will involve system design, system building, system testing, writing documentation, implementation, roll-out, and training.
- Maintain project documentation to ensure that such is kept up-to-date.
- Executing tests on customer systems prior to installation.
- Working in parallel with other members of the technical team in order to locate and resolve bugs.
- Creating test data to support systems testing.
The successful Software Support Analyst will have prior IT support experience and ideally the following skills.
- Windows Client and Server operating systems
- MS Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Working on a busy Support Desk in a customer focused environment
- Supporting external customers in SLA based working environments
- Microsoft SQL Server: 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Writing SQL queries and manipulating data
- IIS & Component Services
- VPN & other remote access technologies
The role of Software Support Analyst is paying between £25,000 - £30,000 plus benefits.
Located on the outskirts of Southampton is it easily reachable by train and has ample free parking at their intriguing office
To apply please forward your CV to JakeDare@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Jake on 02380 765 292