Software Support Specialist
Basingstoke, Hampshire - 5 minute walk from Basingstoke train station or free parking available
£30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits + Excellent company culture
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading software solutions company in Basingstoke who are looking to add to their professional services team in the form of a software support specialist. The successful candidate will become an expert in a bespoke suite of software products, as well as the environment that they operate in. The award-winning software is developed in-house and managed by the professional services team who provide configuration, implementation and general software support services.
It's an excellent time to join this business as they have recently moved to new, spacious offices in Basingstoke, very close to the train station. They are advocates of providing their staff with the right tools and training so that they can grow and be successful in their careers. Someone with the passion and enthusiasm in this field will go a long way with this company. You need the mind-set to 'want' to learn in your own time and invest in your own knowledge, if you have this you will be rewarded generously. New roles are merging within the company due to progression.
- Previous experience of providing software / application / product support - troubleshooting end user issues
- Formal technical training or certifications in MS Operating Systems
- Formal technical training or certifications in MS Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Formal technical training or certifications in administration of either Oracle or SQL Server Database
- Knowledge and experience in supporting and querying databases (Oracle and / or SQL Server)
- Good knowledge of Transact SQL Scripting (TSQL) - Data Manipulation, Stored Procedures etc.
- Practical knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading troubleshooting application software, hardware and peripherals
- Strong communicator
- Fluent in a language other than English
To apply, and for more information please contact Lesley Morgan - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 765804.