Software Test Engineer
£32,000 - £40,000
My client is a known leader in their field and highly successful software house with an enviable portfolio of customers. The software & systems they develop are used in extremely high profile, high security environments and require an in-depth level of technical input. The product is the leading digital evidence management solution made up of a variety of different aspects to improve performance and provide technical insights moving forward. Run over traditional and IP-based networks it is a very complex product with multiple layers including analytics and runs on various networks. The product can monitor, verify, reconstruct, organise, evaluate and report on any of the data recorded and is used by over 3000 customers worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Software Tester to join our team who will be responsible for:
- Test planning, test case design and execution
- Understanding and communicating test status
- Hands-on testing of modern Windows-based software applications.
- Set-up, configuration and maintenance of test environments.
Knowledge and experience:
- Have experience as a manual tester of Windows software applications.
- Have practical knowledge of software testing methodologies, with an emphasis on Agile testing.
- Have experience of Windows server and client technologies.
- Follow a structured and analytical approach, with good troubleshooting skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be fierce in your pursuit of product quality.
- Be a self-motivated, rapid learner with an active interest in the latest tools, technologies and processes.
- Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice
Nice to have:
- ISTQB/ISEB qualifications.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with IP networking and Active Directory
- Knowledge with VoIP based telephony systems (CUSCO CuCM, Avaya, Alcatel or similar)
- Experience with Trunked Radio (Motorola, Harris or similar)
If you would like to apply to this role send your CV to email@example.com