Software Test Engineer - Manual & Automation Testing (Selenium)
Market leading software company based in Fair Oak, Hampshire
£25,000 - £35,000
We have an opportunity for a software tester to join a market-leading software company in their Winchester office. With nearly 40 years' worth of experience in their field, they pride themselves in being the preferred technology partner of a number of popular insurance brokers in both UK and Irish markets. With over 400 employees across multiple sites and owning 40% of the market share in what they do, they have established themselves as a true powerhouse in the software market.
It's an exciting time to join the business as they are undergoing a corporate transformation, including a significant acquisition that further strengthens their market position.
They are looking for a software tester take ownership of testing all aspects of bespoke software. The majority of the work to begin with will be manual testing but it will move onto automated and you will aid in the build of an automation framework.
As a team you will design, build and maintain a test automation framework that optimises the efficiency of software testing across the development lifecycle, planning, writing and executing test automation to functionally test and facilitate the manual testing of the Windows desktop and web-based software.
Essential skills / experience:
- Implementing complex test plans
- Understanding of testing lifecycle, phase test objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria and risk-based approaches
- Any coding experience in C#, Java or Ruby
- Automation experience with Calabash, Xamarin or Appium
- Knowledge of Selenium & Cucumber / SpecFlow
- Regression Functional / Non-Functional Testing
Advantageous skills / experience:
- ISTQB / ISEB certified
- Automation Testing
- Identify risk-based tests in an Agile methodology
- Maintenance of current regression scripts
- Run manual or automation technical tests as required
- Introduce new tools, techniques aided by test lead
- Provide analysis of business and user needs, document requirements and translate into test and quality solutions
This company offers an excellent working environment, allowing their employees to thrive in a supportive but driven atmosphere. Along with a generous salary, you will also enjoy a host of benefits including a company pension, life assurance, free parking, childcare vouchers and Perkbox!
Apply Now - send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org