This is an opportunity for a Software Tester to work within a data processing and big data environment.
You will design, build and maintain manual and automated test frameworks for web and desktop applications.
As Software Tester you will;
- Design, test and develop new features from internal and external customer requests, including acceptance criteria and constraints in accordance to the software development style and quality guidelines.
- Participate in code review of own and other developer's code in accordance with code review guidelines.
- Manage own workload of jobs as tasked by the Data Scientist Team Leader using task management tools.
- Identify and propose process and system improvements.
- Involvement in verification and sign-off process of software releases.
- Participate fully in the Change Management Process, including CAB.
- Interface with Analysts (and their customers) to build feature requirements:
- Develop test framework (automated where possible) for software integration tests.
- Perform functional, integration, usability, regression, mobile, big data, cross browser, performance and security testing.
- Reproduce customer problems.
- Create, improve and enforce quality procedures with the R&D team.
- Whole test process management - scope, design, implement, report, maintain
The successful Software Tester will have the following skills and experience
- ISTQB Software Tester Certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with an attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with functional, integration, usability, regression, mobile, big data, cross browser, performance and security testing
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest testing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Accurate gathering of user requirements
- Test automation and continuous integration tools, such as Selenium, Jenkins
- Ability to write test scripts (skill will be transferred to Python)
- Programming experience, ideally Python (will be taught if required).
- An understanding of database structures, processing and task loading.
- Use of Git or similar version control systems.
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development.
- Assessment of user experience
The role of Software Tester is paying up to £40k depending on experience with excellent benefits including flexible hours, pension, health care and more.
To apply for this software Tester role please forward your CV to JakeDare@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call Jake on 02380 765 292