Software Tester required to join an award-winning software development house from their head office based in Bournemouth.
The role of a Software Tester will involve working alongside the test manager, throughout the full testing lifecycle, in regard to testing of their bespoke software, ensuing that it meets the standards required before going live. The role will involve developing and writing the test plans ensuring that all standards and procedures are being met whilst working with other internal teams throughout the UAT process.
The skills required for the role include:
- Understanding of the development lifecycle, software release processes and defect management.
- Integration, User Acceptance Testing and Regression.
- Experience with software development languages, preferably C# .NET.
- Experience with automated testing suites and creation of automated test scripts.
- Experience of configuration management.
- Exceptional analysis, reporting and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of test case management & version control.
- Strong technical abilities, including knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Exposure to TFS or a similar project/defect management tool (JIRA, ALM, QC).
- Experience working in a scrum/agile methodology.
- Experience testing web-based applications.
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification is a plus, though not essential.
As you will be working within a team environment and dealing with external customers then your communications, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further career opportunities and training to the correct individual.