Software Tester / QA Engineer is required to join a highly progressive and growing company from their head office based from their head office in Fareham.
The role of the Software Tester / QA Engineer will involve working within a mixed manual / automated testing environment through the full testing lifecycle. Working within an Agile development environment, you will be working on a mixture of projects from mobile apps, web based projects through to bespoke hardware and software.
You would be expected to:
- Testing & quality assurance of company software products including desktop apps, mobile apps, web apps, web services and APIs
- Pre & post release, including the recreation of software issues, documentation of issue and post fix testing.
- Preparation of release notes.
- Creation, maintenance and development of testing, scripts and procedures.
- Creation and maintenance of user, support and installation documentation.
- Creation, maintenance and development of testing environments using virtual machines.
- Maintenance and updating of automated testing environment.
- Liaising with Development team to progress any software issues found and reported.
- To implement testing standards and procedure requests.
The ideal candidate for this role will be working within a testing role at the moment and if possible have an industry recognised qualification within software testing.
You will have:
- At least 2 years industry experience as software tester.
- Experience of working within a manual and automated testing environment
- The ability to write test scripts / plans
- Experience of testing software within a .Net environment would be highly beneficial.
As you will be working within a team environment and liaising with the development team then your communications skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity that would be able to offer future career opportunities and training to the right individual along with a strong benefits package.