Software Tester / QA Engineer is required to join a highly progressive and growing company from their head office based from their head office in Farnborough.
The role of the Software Tester / QA Engineer will involve working within a predominately manual testing environment through the full testing lifecycle. The desktop software you would be working on is Microsoft .NET based and developed using C#. The main application is WPF based utilising an SQL Server database and you would be using Microsoft Test Centre, Azure Dev Ops and YouTrack.
You would be expected to:
- Testing & quality assurance of company software products predominantly desktop applications but occasional mobile and web based as well
- Pre & post release, including the recreation of software issues, documentation of issue and post fix testing.
- Preparation of release notes.
- Creation, maintenance and development of testing, scripts and procedures.
- Creation and maintenance of user, support and installation documentation.
- Liaising with Development team to progress any software issues found and reported.
The ideal candidate for this role will be working within a testing role at the moment and if possible have an industry recognised qualification within software testing.
You will have:
- At least 2 years industry experience as software tester.
- Experience of working within a manual environment but any experience within automation would be beneficial.
- The ability to write test scripts / plans
- Experience of testing software within a .Net environment would be highly beneficial.
As you will be working within a team environment and liaising with the development team then your communications skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity that would be able to offer future career opportunities and training to the right individual along with a strong benefits package.