Systems Administrator - Windows, Linux - Contract - Basingstoke
As an experienced Systems Administrator with a background of Windows and Linux Administration, you will be working as part of the clients Group IT team and have technical responsibility for key parts of the clients UK IT infrastructure. Your role will require hands-on technical experience, the ability to assess the impact of complex regulatory requirements and ensure IT systems are conforming to those regulations.
You will be a key member of the team in a demanding high-tech environment, supporting members of the organisation in both project and operational aspects of the business platforms, delivering highly available systems. You will be challenged to improve the infrastructure in order to facilitate our clients continuous growth and support PCI-DSS compliance.
You will be an experienced Systems Administrator, whose skills and experience includes;
- Proven as both a Windows and Linux Administrator
- Previous exposure to AWS would be beneficial
- In depth CLI knowledge of Debian v8 and v9, SSH & systems
- Experienced in deploying and monitoring Apache and Nginx would be an advantage
- Expert in troubleshooting Linux O/S issues
- Exposure to PCI-DSS compliance would be ideal with knowledge of other regulations such as ISO27001, GDPR, SOX is desirable
- Experience with recent versions of VMWare virtualisation would be beneficial