Systems Engineer (Configuration, Integration, Azure)
Due to increasing demand for more larger and more complex solutions the global Product Team is expanding its ability to support our regional sales teams in dealing with larger projects. Based in our Southampton R&D Centre, we are looking to hire a talented Systems Engineer.
Do you query databases (SQL) / APIs in your day to day work? Do you query customer data? Are you able to configure and integrate applications into high profile clients? Have you used Azure or AWS or Google etc?
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key player in a rapidly growing business area. This is a rare opportunity to work with an innovative product launching in an area new to cloud services.
Primary focus is configuring, integrating, deploying, maintaining and supporting state of the art cloud deployed solutions for digital evidence management used by customers worldwide. Assisting product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion support and preventative action on behalf of our customers.
You will look at my clients current customers systems and feed it back into their Azure product, this involves a lot of matching, querying databases, constructing rules to determine level of access and adding in various other modules so you need to be able to read code (C#) (not necessarily write it although that would be a bonus!) You need to know how APIs work, you need to be able to understand SQL querying and you need to be able to configure and integrate complex technical applications. This application is totally customisable so this is a very technical role. Configuration will be done using a variety of tools: APIs, JSON, XML. You will have to design the rules, business logic and have the technical ability to query it. Azure can be taught if you have not used it before.
Scope & Responsibilities:
· Provide 2nd/3rd line engineering support to the product.
· Provisioning, deploying, monitoring, patching and upgrading primarily enterprise cloud software. Working closely with the development team to ensure successful deployment of software packages.
· Defining and implementing regular maintenance and health monitoring procedures.
· Deploy and provision systems to enable replication of customer issues to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
· Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
· Scripting (any language)
· JSON files, XML (Data Manipulation)
· Experience administering databases (Microsoft SQL) and basic querying
· Monitoring - CPU / RAM / Storage / Network Monitoring
· Knowledge of cloud deployed systems, e.g. Microsoft Azure
· Knowledge of Windows server and client technology
· Deployment metrics, monitoring, configuration and support background
· Complex technical applications deployment
· Strong Communications as Customer Facing
Useful skills to have:
· Knowledge of creating and deploying Azure Web-apps, keyvault
· Knowledge of creating reports in TSQL
· Coding in C# or ability to read code
The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualification in science or technology subjects. The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important. Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment. Understanding what represents good customer service and how to deliver it is essential.
· Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide
· Participate in an on-call roster with other engineers.
· Will require to currently hold, or be eligible for, security
If you have the relevant skills please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org