A fantastic new opportunity to work with a household name in digital consumer services and to own a bleeding edge technology estate covering big data and cloud technology.
Data Engineer - Technical Lead ( £££ - Bleeding Edge Technology - Hampshire / London / Remote )
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer / Big Data Engineer to join a successful company during a time of investment and Digital transformation.
This is a pivotal role, impacting company performance, efficiency, and future growth. The role will act at Senior / Lead level and be hands-on in the implementation of a Big Data Solution, with the opportunity to mentor other members of the data team, with the possibility of future progression.
The core focus will be on a large-scale Big Data Solution and the core requirements include;
- Design & Build: data extractions, transformations, processes, data models and data sets
- Implement: data integration's - including custom plugins for Airflow
- Own & Maintain: big data architecture elements - including security and performance
- Experience of Big data and relevant tools - Hive / Presto / Hadoop
- Commercial experience with Apache Airflow or similar
- Strong Cloud knowledge with AWS - alternatively Google Cloud / Azure
- Programming skills with Python
- SQL experience - ideally Complex statements and data transformations
*The company can support remote interviewing and on-boarding. They are flexible with the split between home and office-based working (various office locations available).
How to apply; if you have a CV then please send it over, hit apply or send to StevenWright@Spectrumit.co.uk.
If you don't have an updated CV or wish to discuss the role prior to applying please contact Steven Wright at Spectrum IT Recruitment. You will find me on LinkedIN and through our company website.