Technical Architect - Data Architect
Big Data, Hadoop, Agile, TOGAF
Hampshire; Portsmouth area
Salary based on experience + benefits
A new and exciting role for an experienced Architect to help deliver a new Big Data solution for a growing business in Hampshire. The role is highly influential and will best suit candidates who can demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and specific knowledge of Big Data.
The Data Architect will play a key part in the Data team with responsibility of Big Data architecture and strategy across a Hadoop framework. The Data Architect will help influence positive change and directly manage how the business use their data going forward.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture; you will plan, implement and own the Big Data strategy across the business
- Takes overall responsibility for architecting a Hadoop Big Data solution
- Research, plan and establish innovative processes to enable the full potential of the company's data resources.
- Working closely with the internal Data team and senior management to improve the data best practice and process in the short and long-term
- Work closely with all areas of the business, including; Senior management, Developers, TDA and Project Managers to ensure effective Agile project delivery.
- Strong Data Architecture / Solution Architecture background
- Excellent understanding of Big Data; Hadoop, Cloudera, HortonWorks or similar
- The ability to look an existing solution and offer innovative ways to implement positive change based on new and existing technology.
- Systems development / DBA background
- Ability to portray the 'big data picture' from the perspective of the entire organization
- A commercial understanding of TOGAF
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with all areas of the business
The business can offer excellent scope for progression, exposure to new tech, a growing environment and a competitive benefits package.
Please apply to this advert or contact us via our website to be considered.