Technical Architect - Web Applications, Web Services, API, SOA, Micro-Services, Cloud
A unique and exciting opportunity to help one of the UK's leading academic institutes to become a fully modernised, digital and service driven organisation.
We are looking for a Technical Architect with a solid grounding in modern frameworks and digital technology to work as part of the dynamic leadership and transformation team. This is a huge programme of work that will transform the culture and mobility of this organisation. All of the work is greenfield, replacing existing systems, apps and services all with the aim of connecting existing users, creating engaging user experiences and attracting new customers.
A Summary of Key Tasks:
- Work closely with a small Agile development and programme team to contribute technical solutions to wide ranging business requirements.
- Deliver current & future state architecture strategies and roadmaps that are aligned to organisational/business objectives and technology drivers.
- Lead the planning, design and commissioning of major technical products and systems through to their transition into ongoing operational management
- Develop and document tools, features and services (utilising standard programming languages and APIs) to improve user experience
- To technically lead the implementation, configuration and documentation of specialist tools, applications and infrastructure with all aspects fully documented
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining highly available, fault-tolerant, distributed, client-server, SOA, API, Microservices, de-coupled/loosely coupled applications.
Experience, Skills and Aptitude:
- Proven experience of designing Solution / Technical Architecture for large scale, complex application landscapes.
- Proven experience in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining highly available, fault-tolerant, distributed, client-server, SOA, API, Microservices, de-coupled/loosely coupled applications.
- Experience in designing Enterprise Application Integration frameworks confirming to industry standard patterns
Technology Environment Considerations:
You will need to have commercial experience in some capacity of the following technologies and tech eco-systems;
- Linux (RHEL), Unix, Windows, Mac.
- Web Services; IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Java, PHP
- Perl, Shell, BASH, KSH, Python
Above all your role as architect will be to assist in the drive for digital modernisation, to add value in strategic decisions and to turn high level discussion in to designs and product architecture.
The company offers a competitive salary, a broad range of flexible benefits and an opportunity to part of a hugely complex and exciting piece of work.
How to Apply:
If you can, hit apply and send over your CV. Alternatively reach out to me directly for a discussion. Mark Howarth, Spectrum IT Recruitment.