Technical Business Analyst required by a successful, growing software company located in Southampton. The compant has established software development and technical teams in place. This will be the first Business Analyst to join the company and as such this candidate will play a crucial role in the development and growth of this particular area of the business.
The Business Analyst will work in close conjunction with software development and other departments both technical and non technical to review and develop business issues, map business processes and define user stories. The Business Analyst will work with other colleagues to analyse, design, test and documents in the implementation of these solutions.
The Business Analyst will be tasked with;
- The definition and development of business systems architecture
- Reviewing business initiatives/opportunities alongside senior management, recommending and implementing solutions
- Documenting and developing feasibility studies, business cases, project definitions, user stories and and functional / technical specifications as required.
- Provide documentation to support BA activities - process maps, requirements/functional specs
- Writing system / user acceptance testing is conducted in accordance with test plan
- Technical architecture in relation to systems development
- Business system design
- Knowledge of the development life cycle - ideally experience working in Agile or Waterfall environments
- Development of business requirements and technical specifications
- Process analysis & design
Any of the following would be advantageous;
- Software product development or product management experience
- Any formal qualifications or certifications relevant to business analysis
This is an opportunity to join a growing company as their first Business Analyst and consequently play a crucial part in the definition and development of this particular part of the business. If you are looking for a role of this nature please contact IanTaylor@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765806.