Technical Consultant - Software & Systems Engineering (Geo-spatial Data)
We have an exciting new opportunity to join a fast growing software and services company on an upward growth trajectory. With over 20 years' experience in the field of location and data software the company has become a market leader and innovator in the private and public sectors. With a core team of awesome people they are looking to grow and build on recent success, embracing a culture of fun, innovation and excellence.
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all of spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Education to, as a minimum, degree level in a Computer Science, Maths or similar
- 2+ years' experience in Software or Systems Engineering
- Experience with client relationships.
- Preferably holds a UK Security Clearance
- Specific knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures.
- Software Engineering Background
- Solutions Engineering / Systems Architecture and development
You will also have:
- Excellent communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team both onsite and at customer sites
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of the public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You'll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Competitive Pay - up to £55k dependent on skills and experience
- Training & development to support your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- Casual work environment with flexible hours including the ability to work from home.
- Employee recognition awards
This opportunity is being managed by Spectrum IT Recruitment, please contact Wilkin Chan for further information.
To apply please send your CV and any covering info to WilkinChan@SpectrumIT.co.uk or hit apply !