Development Team Lead, Architect, Manager
£60k to £70k + 10% bonus and comprehensive benefits
Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire
An exciting new opportunity for a talented and confident Software Development Manager / Technical Lead with both line management, strategic and technical (design & architecture) expertise.
Our client is a very well known sports retail company with an innovative business ethos and significant plans for growth. We are looking for a Development Team Lead to manage a team of 10 on/offshore developers builing a range of customer facing and back office systems. We are looking for technical expertise across the .Net, SQL Server and web tech stack, someone who can lead technical strategy and decisions and help to design and architect the next generation of products and services.
Lead design and development of future platform needs, achieving business goals through simplified scalable architecture (think microservices)
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of relevant technologies and processes within the fulfillment product domain
- Provide coaching, mentoring and guidance to direct reports
- Lead development resource across multiple locations. Team size 10+
- Provide consultancy to wider teams when required
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the development life cycle
- A track record of leading successful development teams in fast paced consumer lead environments
- Wide ranging knowledge of development and delivery lifecycles including detailed knowledge of scrum, Kanban, waterfall methodologies with an appreciation of when to apply a particular method
- Strong understanding and experience of following best practice for code design (design patterns, SOLID principles)
- Supporting and guiding more junior members, in areas such as code reviews, pair programming and knowledge sharing (class room, Wiki etc)
- Strong communication skills across enterprise business units - PM, BA, Development, Support etc
- Delivery of sound documentation
- Microsoft .Net 4.x code base platforms using C#
- API-led connectivity and orchestration services including microservices and experience of Enterprise API platform (Mulesoft or equivalent)
If you meet the criteria and wish to apply, please send your CV to StevenWright@SpectrumIT.co.uk or call 02380 765803 for more details.