Technical Support Engineer - Romsey, Southampton
£25,000 - £30,000
My client, based on the outskirts of Southampton, in Romsey, are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with experience or a passion for new, exciting technology including sensors, Embedded devices and bespoke technical equipment. The client is looking for an enthusiastic candidate with 1-2 years experience in a relevant technical support role within either Software or Hardware.
The client are working on exciting development projects and have recently won large contracts. They are focussed on new up and coming tech that they are developing in house. The company is focused on water purification and are developing fantastic technology around that. The candidate will be working in a multi-skilled roe getting involved in most aspects of technical support from Software to Embedded projects as well as some hardware exposure.
- Experience supporting any of the following fields:
- Software as a service.
- Embedded devices (could use the IoT buzzword here).
- Bespoke technical equipment.
- Experience with ticketing system such as OSTicket or Help Desk.
- Experience working in the water or civil engineering sector would be a plus.
Key Skill Requirements:
- BSc / BEng / HND or similar in a technical discipline such as Computing or Electronics.
- A - C in GCSE English, Math & science (physics and chemistry are particular interest).
- 2 - 3 Years' experience providing customer facing front line support.
- Experience project managing or delivering large projects to a plan.
- Good demonstratable problem solving skills.
- Fast learner.
- Good Telephone manner.
- Attention to detail.
If you are an enthusiastic Junior Technical Support Engineer looking to launch an exciting career with a fantastic company then this could be the role for you! Click apply now or contact email@example.com