Telephony Installation Engineer is required to work in the field and join a leading communications provider based from their head office in Basingstoke. As this is field role, a work van will be provided.
The role of the Telephony Installation Engineer will be to work in the field and complete the implementation of various telephony solutions and if required, provide technical support for those systems.
You will be expected to
- Provide hardware and software implementation services for several telephony systems and hosted platforms utilising converged voice and data networks
- Provide liaison and guidance to customer and 3rd party IT professionals to ensure quality delivery of our solutions
- Produce detailed technical implementation documentation
The ideal candidate will be working within a similar role at the moment and preferably have at least 2-3 years experience.
You will have:
- Excellent understanding of VoIP, SIP, RTP, TCP & UDP protocols, Layer 2 and 3 routing, VLAN's and QoS and familiarity with using tools such as Wireshark
- Experience of NEC, Avaya, Samsung, Panasonic, Splicecom PBX solutions including UC and call centres applications - full training will be provided where necessary
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems - Server & Desktop with demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LAN's & WAN's
- Working knowledge and experience with virtualisation technologies, VMWare and Hyper-V
As you will be working on customer sites then your communication skills, both written and verbal must be excellent. You will also be required to have a full UK driving license.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer excellent benefits, further training and opportunities for future career progression.