Telephony & Network Engineer is required to join a highly progressive company from their head office based in central Andover.
The role of a Telephony & Network Engineer will be to help support their growing telephony infrastructure which is predominately Avaya based and also their core network which is based on HP switching infrastructure.
You will be expected to:
- Provide telephony support to all business units, from basic troubleshooting to analysing and implementing new call flows.
- Work with our telecoms and network support providers to resolve major issues or provide new functionality.
- Work alongside other members of the IT team in supporting the IT infrastructure.
- Produce detailed technical documentation on the telephony systems and network.
The ideal candidate for the Telephony & Networking Engineer role will be working within a similar role at the moment with at least 2-3 years experience.
Ideally you will have experience within:
- Avaya telephony systems or equivalent
- An understanding of SIP, VoIP, TCP/IP, layer 3 routing protocols
- General networking principles
- Further exposure within Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Virtualisation (VMware ESX) and Windows Server would be beneficial but is not required.
As you will be working within a team environment and liaising across multiple teams your communication skills, both written and verbal, must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer a strong benefits package along with training and further career opportunities.